Cristiano Ronaldo handles jeers with dignity, says Mourinho
Madrid: Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho believes that Cristiano Ronaldo generally conducts himself well despite being heckled by opposing fans often, but accepts that the winger`s past actions have left him open to criticism.
The 27-year-old was repeatedly called `Barbie` by the home crowd as Madrid strolled to a 5-0 victory at Mallorca on Sunday, and the hugely-successful trainer has leapt to his defence.
"Insults aimed at Ronaldo? I don`t think what I say will change anything," the 49-year-old was quoted as saying by Marca.
"It is not easy for a player to play away from home and be insulted. You can criticise some of his reactions, but I`ve never seen Ronaldo answer insults with bad manners."
Mourinho went on to dismiss claims that his reticence to use homegrown players had caused a rift with youth coach Alberto Toril, but stated there is a big difference between the Castilla side and the first team.
"My relationship with Toril is normal. I do my work with the first team, he works with the second team, in this case.”
"I have three players that he can use when he wants, and I can when I want. I think it is positive for us both if we have good quality players, and it`s good for me that players can play for the Castilla if they don`t get minutes here (in the first team).
"The collaboration between us both is positive, but he has his autonomy. They have a different system to us, they have a distinct model. They have players who play in positions which do not exist here. We don`t play 4-4-2.”
"I respect his autonomy, just as he does mine. There is not a problem," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH