Cristiano Ronaldo handles jeers with dignity, says Mourinho
Madrid: Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho believes that Cristiano Ronaldo generally conducts himself well despite being heckled by opposing fans often, but accepts that the winger`s past actions have left him open to criticism.
The 27-year-old was repeatedly called `Barbie` by the home crowd as Madrid strolled to a 5-0 victory at Mallorca on Sunday, and the hugely-successful trainer has leapt to his defence.
"Insults aimed at Ronaldo? I don`t think what I say will change anything," the 49-year-old was quoted as saying by Marca.
"It is not easy for a player to play away from home and be insulted. You can criticise some of his reactions, but I`ve never seen Ronaldo answer insults with bad manners."
Mourinho went on to dismiss claims that his reticence to use homegrown players had caused a rift with youth coach Alberto Toril, but stated there is a big difference between the Castilla side and the first team.
"My relationship with Toril is normal. I do my work with the first team, he works with the second team, in this case.”
"I have three players that he can use when he wants, and I can when I want. I think it is positive for us both if we have good quality players, and it`s good for me that players can play for the Castilla if they don`t get minutes here (in the first team).
"The collaboration between us both is positive, but he has his autonomy. They have a different system to us, they have a distinct model. They have players who play in positions which do not exist here. We don`t play 4-4-2.”
"I respect his autonomy, just as he does mine. There is not a problem," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Is there life after death?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'