Cristiano Ronaldo is fine: Nani
Portugal midfielder Nani says his international team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo is fine, dismissing reports that the Real Madrid star is unhappy.
Ronaldo refused to celebrate after scoring twice for Jose Mourinho`s side in their victory over Granada last Sunday, citing a professional dispute within the club in the mixed zone following the game as the reason behind his lack of joy at finding the back of the net.
However, the 27-year-old did celebrate his equaliser for Portugal against Luxembourg with slightly more vigour on Friday night.
Manchester United and fellow Seleccao midfielder Nani pointed to the celebration when asked what the situation regarding Ronaldo is.
Nani told Marca: "Ronaldo`s fine. Haven`t you seen him? He`s not sad, he`s fine."
Helder Postiga gave Portugal the lead in the second half and Ronaldo was also the first to congratulate the Zaragoza forward.
Paulo Bento`s side host Azerbaijan in their second World Cup qualifier on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims