'Cristiano Ronaldo is not leaving Real Madrid'
Madrid: Luka Modric has stressed his belief that Cristiano Ronaldo will remain at Real Madrid, and will not be leaving the club in the next transfer window.
Rumours of Ronaldo`s potential departure this summer first started circulating in September last year when he revealed he was "sad" at the Blancos, though more recently he has insisted those issues are behind him.
"Our conversations are private but I believe that Cristiano Ronaldo will stay, I think he`s very happy here," Modric told reporters.
"He is one of our best players around and it would be a shame to lose him."
Modric then reflected on Madrid`s surprising defeat away to Granada last weekend, while also looking ahead to the showdown with Sevilla on Saturday.
"In Granada I did not play well, clearly," he continued.
"In every game we want to do our best but sometimes, unfortunately, we can not always achieve this. The other teams give their utmost against us so it`s not easy. Still, we are Real Madrid and we have to try and win every game.
"Teams are more motivated when they play against Real Madrid so we need to be at our best if we want to win. When we don`t play at our best, we start to have problems.
“Against Sevilla we will show what we are capable of. Sevilla have played much better since the arrival of [coach] Unai Emery. It will be a good warm-up ahead of the Champions League."
Modric then revealed how taken back he was after watching a video released by TV3 in Catalunya which depicted the supposed violence demonstrated by players from Real Madrid during Clasicos.
"I`ve seen it on TV and I don’t know what to say. I`ve played in Croatia and England and I have never seen anything like it. It is not journalism and it is unacceptable," he added.
"It is very difficult to compare normal games with a Clascio. It`s the largest match in the world with great teams and everyone enjoys them. Both teams give it their all, but, I have not noticed anything unusual in the behaviour of the Barcelona players."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception