Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the best - not the best: Ibrahimovic
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has branded Cristiano Ronaldo one of the best players in the world, but stopped short of suggesting he is the game`s finest footballer.
Paris Saint-Germain have repeatedly been linked with a move for the Real Madrid forward, whose contract at the Santiago Bernabeu runs out in just under two years` time.
And ahead of a friendly between the European giants on Saturday, the 31-year-old claimed it makes sense for a top club like les Parisiens to be associated with the former Manchester United man, who he categorises as among the greatest in the game.
"Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the best players in the world," he told reporters on Friday at a PSG press conference.
"The fact that he is often linked to PSG, this is normal, because the project of the club is to become the best in Europe and therefore attract the best players."
When the translator for the press mistakenly said Ibrahimovic had called Ronaldo "the best in the world", the former AC Milan and Barcelona forward added in English: "No, he`s one of the best - not the best."
The clash between the Blancos and PSG kicks off at 20:00CET on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends