Cristiano Ronaldo left with a strange feeling after knocking out Man Utd
Manchester: Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted that although he is pleased with Real Madrid`s progression to the Champions League quarter-finals at the expense of Manchester United, he has been left with a "strange feeling".
The 28-year-old scored a vital equaliser in the first leg a fortnight ago and netted again in the return fixture at Old Trafford on Tuesday to clinch the last-16 tie in favour of the Blancos, dumping his former club out of the competition.
However, speaking after the clash against the Red Devils, Ronaldo conceded he returns to the Spanish capital with a case of mixed emotions despite his overriding delight to have kept his side`s hopes of La Decima alive.
"I did my job - helping Real Madrid to win - and I`m very happy, but it`s a strange feeling. It was the sensation of wanting to do something but not being able to," he told TVE.
"I played at Manchester United for many years, and if someday I face Real Madrid it will be the same. To be received well is special for me, coming home, seeing friends. Inside I`m happy but also sad for Man Utd."
"I didn`t celebrate out of respect to those who treated me well here, but what I wanted the most was winning and keeping Real Madrid on course for La Decima."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step