Cristiano Ronaldo left with a strange feeling after knocking out Man Utd
Manchester: Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted that although he is pleased with Real Madrid`s progression to the Champions League quarter-finals at the expense of Manchester United, he has been left with a "strange feeling".
The 28-year-old scored a vital equaliser in the first leg a fortnight ago and netted again in the return fixture at Old Trafford on Tuesday to clinch the last-16 tie in favour of the Blancos, dumping his former club out of the competition.
However, speaking after the clash against the Red Devils, Ronaldo conceded he returns to the Spanish capital with a case of mixed emotions despite his overriding delight to have kept his side`s hopes of La Decima alive.
"I did my job - helping Real Madrid to win - and I`m very happy, but it`s a strange feeling. It was the sensation of wanting to do something but not being able to," he told TVE.
"I played at Manchester United for many years, and if someday I face Real Madrid it will be the same. To be received well is special for me, coming home, seeing friends. Inside I`m happy but also sad for Man Utd."
"I didn`t celebrate out of respect to those who treated me well here, but what I wanted the most was winning and keeping Real Madrid on course for La Decima."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read