‘Cristiano Ronaldo needs to show more humility’
Madrid: Joaquin Caparros has criticised Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo in the wake of his side`s 5-0 Liga defeat to the reigning champions on Sunday, as he feels the forward showed a lack of respect.
The Portugal international angered Mallorca fans by cupping his hand to his ear after scoring, and Caparros was not impressed by the former Manchester United star`s behaviour.
"Cristiano Ronaldo has it all as a footballer, but he must show a lot more humility and a lot more ambition in other areas," Caparros said to Punto Pelota.
"His statistics are proof of what he can do, but he throws it all away with his behaviour.
"It would not surprise me if he doesn`t win the Ballon d`Or. It`s not just about footballing qualities, but a sum of a number of values. It`s the sum of a lot of things on and off the pitch."
The shortlist for the FIFA Ballon d`Or will be revealed later on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!