‘Cristiano Ronaldo needs to show more humility’
Madrid: Joaquin Caparros has criticised Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo in the wake of his side`s 5-0 Liga defeat to the reigning champions on Sunday, as he feels the forward showed a lack of respect.
The Portugal international angered Mallorca fans by cupping his hand to his ear after scoring, and Caparros was not impressed by the former Manchester United star`s behaviour.
"Cristiano Ronaldo has it all as a footballer, but he must show a lot more humility and a lot more ambition in other areas," Caparros said to Punto Pelota.
"His statistics are proof of what he can do, but he throws it all away with his behaviour.
"It would not surprise me if he doesn`t win the Ballon d`Or. It`s not just about footballing qualities, but a sum of a number of values. It`s the sum of a lot of things on and off the pitch."
The shortlist for the FIFA Ballon d`Or will be revealed later on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it