Cristiano Ronaldo offered euro 24 million deal
Madrid: Real Madrid talisman Cristiano Ronaldo is set to sign a world-record sponsorship deal with Nike, according to reports by Spanish daily Marca.
The sports giants are offering Ronaldo a whopping euro 6 million per year until 2014, which adds up to euro 24m over the next four years. This would make Ronaldo go down in history as the world’s best paid football player in terms of sponsorship deals.
The star winger had a previous contract for euro4 million per season, but Nike are reported to have offered a new deal to fend off interest for their bitter German rivals, Adidas.
He was in London this afternoon promoting Nike’s new football boot, the Mercurial Superfly Vapor II.
Ronaldo is already the world’s highest paid football player, as he pockets an astonishing euro13 million in wages per season, after tax, at Real Madrid.
Aside from Nike, Ronaldo is the new face of Italian fashion giants Giorgio Armani alongside Hollywood actress Megan Fox. He is also a Global Ambassador for lubricant giants Castrol and does advertisements for Clear Shampoo.
Real Madrid spent euro 250 million on new ‘Galacticos’ last summer, but reported operating revenues of over euro 450 million later that year. The economic model pursued by club president Florentino Perez continues to reap huge financial benefits for the capital side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics