Cristiano Ronaldo pulls out of Portugal squad
Madrid: Portugal coach Paulo Bento has received some disappointing news on the injury front as he will have to make do without the services of star player Cristiano Ronaldo in Wednesday`s international friendly against Gabon.
The Real Madrid attacker picked up a knock in the opening stages of the Spanish side`s 2-1 La Liga win over Levante on Sunday, and was taken off at half-time as a result of his problem.
"He`s dizzy. In the first half he was unable to see properly with that eye, but during the break he couldn`t see properly with either," commented Madrid coach Jose Mourinho on Ronaldo`s injury.
"So it was impossible for him to continue. When he gets to Madrid he will go to hospital to have the tests he needs."
The prolific goalscorer has opted not to take any risks and will remain in Madrid to recover rather than represent the national side this midweek.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No talks about starring with Kangana in Ritesh's next: Irrfan Khan
- Dalits refuse to dispose of dead cattle, demand protection in Gujarat
- Silsila was trashed by media at time of release: Amitabh Bachchan
- Irrfan Khan wanted to make film on Mahasweta Devi's life
- Hard to digest! 90-year-old woman comes back to life at funeral, says she met 'Yamraj'