Cristiano Ronaldo pulls out of Portugal squad
Madrid: Portugal coach Paulo Bento has received some disappointing news on the injury front as he will have to make do without the services of star player Cristiano Ronaldo in Wednesday`s international friendly against Gabon.
The Real Madrid attacker picked up a knock in the opening stages of the Spanish side`s 2-1 La Liga win over Levante on Sunday, and was taken off at half-time as a result of his problem.
"He`s dizzy. In the first half he was unable to see properly with that eye, but during the break he couldn`t see properly with either," commented Madrid coach Jose Mourinho on Ronaldo`s injury.
"So it was impossible for him to continue. When he gets to Madrid he will go to hospital to have the tests he needs."
The prolific goalscorer has opted not to take any risks and will remain in Madrid to recover rather than represent the national side this midweek.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed