Cristiano Ronaldo pulls out of Portugal squad
Madrid: Portugal coach Paulo Bento has received some disappointing news on the injury front as he will have to make do without the services of star player Cristiano Ronaldo in Wednesday`s international friendly against Gabon.
The Real Madrid attacker picked up a knock in the opening stages of the Spanish side`s 2-1 La Liga win over Levante on Sunday, and was taken off at half-time as a result of his problem.
"He`s dizzy. In the first half he was unable to see properly with that eye, but during the break he couldn`t see properly with either," commented Madrid coach Jose Mourinho on Ronaldo`s injury.
"So it was impossible for him to continue. When he gets to Madrid he will go to hospital to have the tests he needs."
The prolific goalscorer has opted not to take any risks and will remain in Madrid to recover rather than represent the national side this midweek.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi