Cristiano Ronaldo real threat to Manchester United, says Neville
London: Former Manchester United captain Gary Neville has branded Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo a "bully" who preys on the weaknesses of defenders.
Neville will be in Madrid on Wednesday for Ronaldo`s reunion with United.
The Champions League showdown with Real offers Neville a chance to remind himself how privileged he was to have spent six years playing alongside Ronaldo before the Portugal star left for Spain in a world record 80 million-pound deal.
Ronaldo will be the centrepiece of Neville`s week, having known since he watched the then raw teenager playing for Sporting Lisbon against United in a friendly 10 years ago he was a rare talent.
Neville said when Ronaldo came to United he was physically underdeveloped. He had to cope with moving away from home and learning another language.
But he had the right people around him and a manager who allowed him to flourish, he added. Neville feels Ronaldo is so good, comparisons with Barcelona rival Lionel Messi are pointless.
He said Ronaldo is in the same bracket as Messi, Pele and Maradona.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet