Croatia forward Eduardo joins Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro: Former Croatia international forward Eduardo has reportedly agreed to join Brazilian giants Flamengo.
The 31-year-old is set to sign with the Rio de Janeiro club as a free agent from Shakhtar Donetsk, according to sports news portal Lancenet.
The 18-month contract is expected to be performance-based due to Eduardo`s recent injury history, reports Xinhua.
Born in Rio de Janeiro, Eduardo left Brazil aged 18 and gained Croatian nationality in 2004.
He won 64 caps and scored 29 goals for Croatia before announcing his international retirement after this year`s World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Housing prices rose during Oct-Dec quarter of 2015-16: RBI
- Kerala CM Chandy files defamation case against Achuthanandan
- Earthquake rocks southwest France, no casualties reported
- West Bengal polls fifth phase to decide fate of four Narada 'stung' Trinamool biggies
- Campaigning ends for Bengal polls fifth phase