Croatia forward Eduardo joins Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro: Former Croatia international forward Eduardo has reportedly agreed to join Brazilian giants Flamengo.
The 31-year-old is set to sign with the Rio de Janeiro club as a free agent from Shakhtar Donetsk, according to sports news portal Lancenet.
The 18-month contract is expected to be performance-based due to Eduardo`s recent injury history, reports Xinhua.
Born in Rio de Janeiro, Eduardo left Brazil aged 18 and gained Croatian nationality in 2004.
He won 64 caps and scored 29 goals for Croatia before announcing his international retirement after this year`s World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra