Croatian club rubbish claims over racially abusing Man City`s player
London: Croatian club HNK Rijeka has rubbished Manchester City`s claims that a player was racially abused during an Under-21 game on Tuesday, calling it `baseless`.
Rijeka said that they clearly and unequivocally reject City`s allegation that Seko Fofana was abused by a player from their club in a friendly match.
City walked off against the club and the match was abandoned, but Rijeka said that the English club`s coach Patrick Vieira`s decision to take his side off was illogical, The BBC reported. However, City is confident the Croatian side has a case to answer.
Officials from the 2013 Premier League champions would speak to academy coach Vieira and 20-year-old French midfielder Fofana before deciding whether to make a complaint.
Fofana was sent off for an off-the-ball challenge shortly before half-time, and then made the allegations which led to the players leaving the field.
On Wednesday Rijeka said that they totally rejected any possibility that the players at the match against City participated in assaulting the rival players on racial, religious or ethnic grounds.
The Croatian club added that they are surprised by the unpleasantly harsh and baseless accusations of which they have been accused and that they completely reject.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video