Croatian club rubbish claims over racially abusing Man City`s player
London: Croatian club HNK Rijeka has rubbished Manchester City`s claims that a player was racially abused during an Under-21 game on Tuesday, calling it `baseless`.
Rijeka said that they clearly and unequivocally reject City`s allegation that Seko Fofana was abused by a player from their club in a friendly match.
City walked off against the club and the match was abandoned, but Rijeka said that the English club`s coach Patrick Vieira`s decision to take his side off was illogical, The BBC reported. However, City is confident the Croatian side has a case to answer.
Officials from the 2013 Premier League champions would speak to academy coach Vieira and 20-year-old French midfielder Fofana before deciding whether to make a complaint.
Fofana was sent off for an off-the-ball challenge shortly before half-time, and then made the allegations which led to the players leaving the field.
On Wednesday Rijeka said that they totally rejected any possibility that the players at the match against City participated in assaulting the rival players on racial, religious or ethnic grounds.
The Croatian club added that they are surprised by the unpleasantly harsh and baseless accusations of which they have been accused and that they completely reject.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen