CSKA look to dominate AIK again
Moscow: CSKA Moscow coach Leonid Slutsky is expecting Swedish side AIK to sit back and defend despite needing at least a goal in the second leg of their Europa League playoff Thursday.
The Russian side lead the tie 1-0 after Keisuke Honda`s second-half strike gave them a precious away win in Stockholm last week.
"As for the playing model, it will be about the same situation as in the first game. CSKA will possess the initiative and the ball and AIK will be counting on defenders," said Slutsky.
But defender Georgi Schennikov warned of the threat posed by the Swedes.
"In the first game it was hard to play against them during the set pieces," he said.
"They have a good defence. The players in the team are tall and powerful."
CSKA secured the play-off by finishing third in the Russian Premier League last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in