Cuellar compares Chicharito to Spanish legend Raul
London: The Sunderland defender sees something of his legendary countryman in the Mexican striker, complimenting his quick thinking and movement off the ball.
Sunderland centre-back Carlos Cuellar has compared Manchester United forward Chicharito to former Real Madrid legend Raul, citing his prolific strike record this season at crucial junctures.
The former Chivas striker is averaging a goal every 85 minutes in the Premier League this season, a mark superior to such luminaries as team-mate Robin van Persie (a goal every 119 minutes), Swansea City`s Michu (every 120 minutes), and Newcastle United`s Demba Ba (every 143 minutes).
"He`s smart, moves very well in the area," the former Rangers and Aston Villa man told El Pais. "In this sense he is like Raul. He gets all rebounds and known to be in the right place."
Cuellar did not get to see Chicharito`s exploits first-hand, as the Mexican forward was an unused substitute in United`s 3-1 victory over Sunderland on Dec 15.
Chicharito has managed 10 goals in 20 appearances across all competitions, though, including the game-winner in United`s riveting 4-3, come-from-behind victory over Newcastle on Boxing Day.
"He is the main protaganist in United`s comebacks," Cuellar said. "Fans admire him a lot. Ferguson has said more than once that it hurts/pains him to not start him more often."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble