Cuellar compares Chicharito to Spanish legend Raul
London: The Sunderland defender sees something of his legendary countryman in the Mexican striker, complimenting his quick thinking and movement off the ball.
Sunderland centre-back Carlos Cuellar has compared Manchester United forward Chicharito to former Real Madrid legend Raul, citing his prolific strike record this season at crucial junctures.
The former Chivas striker is averaging a goal every 85 minutes in the Premier League this season, a mark superior to such luminaries as team-mate Robin van Persie (a goal every 119 minutes), Swansea City`s Michu (every 120 minutes), and Newcastle United`s Demba Ba (every 143 minutes).
"He`s smart, moves very well in the area," the former Rangers and Aston Villa man told El Pais. "In this sense he is like Raul. He gets all rebounds and known to be in the right place."
Cuellar did not get to see Chicharito`s exploits first-hand, as the Mexican forward was an unused substitute in United`s 3-1 victory over Sunderland on Dec 15.
Chicharito has managed 10 goals in 20 appearances across all competitions, though, including the game-winner in United`s riveting 4-3, come-from-behind victory over Newcastle on Boxing Day.
"He is the main protaganist in United`s comebacks," Cuellar said. "Fans admire him a lot. Ferguson has said more than once that it hurts/pains him to not start him more often."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you