Cuellar compares Chicharito to Spanish legend Raul
London: The Sunderland defender sees something of his legendary countryman in the Mexican striker, complimenting his quick thinking and movement off the ball.
Sunderland centre-back Carlos Cuellar has compared Manchester United forward Chicharito to former Real Madrid legend Raul, citing his prolific strike record this season at crucial junctures.
The former Chivas striker is averaging a goal every 85 minutes in the Premier League this season, a mark superior to such luminaries as team-mate Robin van Persie (a goal every 119 minutes), Swansea City`s Michu (every 120 minutes), and Newcastle United`s Demba Ba (every 143 minutes).
"He`s smart, moves very well in the area," the former Rangers and Aston Villa man told El Pais. "In this sense he is like Raul. He gets all rebounds and known to be in the right place."
Cuellar did not get to see Chicharito`s exploits first-hand, as the Mexican forward was an unused substitute in United`s 3-1 victory over Sunderland on Dec 15.
Chicharito has managed 10 goals in 20 appearances across all competitions, though, including the game-winner in United`s riveting 4-3, come-from-behind victory over Newcastle on Boxing Day.
"He is the main protaganist in United`s comebacks," Cuellar said. "Fans admire him a lot. Ferguson has said more than once that it hurts/pains him to not start him more often."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi