Daily wager`s daughter unable to attend camp due to poverty
Salem (Tamil Nadu): A tenth standard girl, whose father is a daily wager at a coconut-coir mending unit here, has made it to the Under-17 national football team but is unable to attend the training camp at Pune as she does not have enough money.
Fifteen-year-old Lavanya of the Sri Ramakrishna Saradha Higher Secondary School is the only girl from Tamil Nadu to have made it to the team, teachers said.
"She has to take part in the training camp and for that she needs Rs 2 lakhs," her father G Muthukumar said, adding, the camp begins next week.
Lavanya, who is a centre-forward, wants government sports organisations or affluent persons to come forward and help her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest