Damiao leads Internacional to Piratini Cup triumph against Sao Luiz
Porto Alegre: Tottenham Hotspur target Leandro Damiao struck twice as Internacional beat Sao Luiz 5-0 to claim Brazil`s Piratini Cup.
The Brazil forward opened the scoring at the Estadio de Outubro with a 28th-minute strike on Sunday, after Josimar`s assist. He chipped in a second 10 minutes from time.
Rafael Moura, D`Alessandro and Gabriel were also on the score sheet for the team coached by former Brazil boss Dunga.
Damiao had entered the match with just two goals to his name this season following Spurs` failed attempt to sign the 23-year-old during the January transfer window.
"I`m very happy to be scoring goals again, but as a team, we have to keep our feet on the ground because there are important matches ahead," Damiao said after the match.
Uruguay striker Diego Forlan, who has scored six goals from as many matches in 2013, had little impact and was replaced by Caio in the 81st minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Floods batter Assam, Arunachal; 3 die in Uttarakhand wall collapse
- Sushma Swaraj lashes out at Nawaz Sharif, says Pakistan will never succeed in making Kashmir a 'terror hell'
- Rajnath begins Kashmir visit, curfew lifted in parts of Valley
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg trumps Lewis Hamilton in Hungaroring chaos