Damiao leads Internacional to Piratini Cup triumph against Sao Luiz
Porto Alegre: Tottenham Hotspur target Leandro Damiao struck twice as Internacional beat Sao Luiz 5-0 to claim Brazil`s Piratini Cup.
The Brazil forward opened the scoring at the Estadio de Outubro with a 28th-minute strike on Sunday, after Josimar`s assist. He chipped in a second 10 minutes from time.
Rafael Moura, D`Alessandro and Gabriel were also on the score sheet for the team coached by former Brazil boss Dunga.
Damiao had entered the match with just two goals to his name this season following Spurs` failed attempt to sign the 23-year-old during the January transfer window.
"I`m very happy to be scoring goals again, but as a team, we have to keep our feet on the ground because there are important matches ahead," Damiao said after the match.
Uruguay striker Diego Forlan, who has scored six goals from as many matches in 2013, had little impact and was replaced by Caio in the 81st minute.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan