Damiao leads Internacional to Piratini Cup triumph against Sao Luiz
Porto Alegre: Tottenham Hotspur target Leandro Damiao struck twice as Internacional beat Sao Luiz 5-0 to claim Brazil`s Piratini Cup.
The Brazil forward opened the scoring at the Estadio de Outubro with a 28th-minute strike on Sunday, after Josimar`s assist. He chipped in a second 10 minutes from time.
Rafael Moura, D`Alessandro and Gabriel were also on the score sheet for the team coached by former Brazil boss Dunga.
Damiao had entered the match with just two goals to his name this season following Spurs` failed attempt to sign the 23-year-old during the January transfer window.
"I`m very happy to be scoring goals again, but as a team, we have to keep our feet on the ground because there are important matches ahead," Damiao said after the match.
Uruguay striker Diego Forlan, who has scored six goals from as many matches in 2013, had little impact and was replaced by Caio in the 81st minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured