Damiao leads Internacional to Piratini Cup triumph against Sao Luiz
Porto Alegre: Tottenham Hotspur target Leandro Damiao struck twice as Internacional beat Sao Luiz 5-0 to claim Brazil`s Piratini Cup.
The Brazil forward opened the scoring at the Estadio de Outubro with a 28th-minute strike on Sunday, after Josimar`s assist. He chipped in a second 10 minutes from time.
Rafael Moura, D`Alessandro and Gabriel were also on the score sheet for the team coached by former Brazil boss Dunga.
Damiao had entered the match with just two goals to his name this season following Spurs` failed attempt to sign the 23-year-old during the January transfer window.
"I`m very happy to be scoring goals again, but as a team, we have to keep our feet on the ground because there are important matches ahead," Damiao said after the match.
Uruguay striker Diego Forlan, who has scored six goals from as many matches in 2013, had little impact and was replaced by Caio in the 81st minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS