Dani Alves defends Neymar for shunning media
Basel: Dani Alves has leapt to the defence of club and international team-mate Neymar for deciding against facing the media on the eve of Brazil`s friendly against Switzerland.
The forward had been scheduled to appear at the press conference in Basel but he withdrew late in the day, much to the frustration of the many journalists in attendance.
Dani Alves did attend, though, and he asked the media to show a little understanding, given Neymar`s physical condition has been the subject of much debate ever since Barcelona announced earlier this month that the forward has anaemia.
"Everyone`s talking a lot about these little problems that he is having," the Blaugrana right-back mused.
"So, it`s important for him to not get distracted by all these problems being discussed at the moment and not let them interfere with his development.
"You have to forgive the boy. He`s focused on what he wants and he is so important for us.
"And it`s always been better to work hard and speak little."
Neymar, who inspired Brazil to victory in this summer`s Confederations Cup, joined Barcelona from boyhood club Santos for a fee of €57 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal