Daniel Sturridge’s late strike earns Liverpool 3-3 draw at Everton
London: Daniel Sturridge scored an 89th-minute equaliser to give Liverpool a 3-3 draw at Everton on Saturday after the hosts had twice come from behind to lead 3-2 in one of the Premier League`s games of the season.
The match got off to a breathless start when Philippe Coutinho scrambled Liverpool ahead after five minutes, only for Kevin Mirallas to hammer in the equaliser two minutes later at Goodison Park.
Liverpool regained the lead after 19 minutes with a long-range free kick by Luis Suarez but Everton made all the running in the second half and deservedly levelled with a Romelu Lukaku shot before the on-loan Belgian striker thumped in a brilliant header eight minutes from time.
Sturridge, on as a late substitute, had the last word, however, when he nodded Liverpool`s third to deny Everton what would have been only their second victory in 14 league derbies.
Second-placed Liverpool move to 24 points, one behind leaders Arsenal, who host third-placed Southampton later on Saturday. Everton are in fifth place with 21 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand