Dante extends contract with Bayern Munich
Berlin: Bayern Munich defender Dante Bonfim Costa Santos has extended his contract with the German giants until June 2017.
After contract extensions of Dutchman Arjen Robben, Austrian David Alaba and Brazilian international Rafinha, Bayern Munich Monday had another key player, Dante, put pen to paper on a new deal ahead of schedule, reports Xinhua.
The 30-year-old Brazilian international joined the Bavarians from Monchengladbach in 2012, becoming a top performer in their defence. The centre back played an important role in Bayern successes as he helped the club to win the treble last season.
"It was the best decision of my life to join Bayern Munich. Everything here is good -- the club, the team, the title wins and the mood. Bayern is the right club for me. Therefore I stay at least until 2017 in Munich. I am sure that we can still have a lot of fun and success in the upcoming years," Dante said.
"Dante was certainly one of our best transfers in the past few years. In just one and a half years he became an important part of our team. With Dante our team won five national and international titles. We are satisfied that Dante`s home will be Bayern Munich until 2017," Bayern`s CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath