Darron Gibson returns to Republic of Ireland squad
Ireland: Noel King has named Darron Gibson, Andy Reid, and Anthony Stokes in his preliminary squad for the Republic of Ireland`s upcoming World Cup qualifiers with Germany and Kazakhstan.
Gibson had not played for Ireland since falling out with previous manager Giovanni Trapattoni after not featuring at Euro 2012 but has been handed a recall under new the new coach`s regime.
Nottingham Forest midfielder Reid and Celtic striker Stokes were also exiled by the Italian, who was let go by the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) after failing to qualify for the 2014 World Cup.
Darren O`Dea, Conor Sammon, and Simon Cox are all noticeable absentees after being regular squad members under Giovanni Trapattoni. However, Wolverhampton Wanderers striker Kevin Doyle has been included.
King will have to plan without defensive pairing Richard Dunne and John O`Shea for the trip to Cologne, as both players are suspended after picking up bookings in September`s 1-0 defeat to Austria, but they are set to join up with the squad for the home tie with Kazakhstan four days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi