David Beckham completes Paris Saint-Germain move
London: Paris Saint-Germain have announced that they have secured the services of former England skipper David Beckham on a free transfer.
The 37-year-old, who had been without a club ever since leaving LA Galaxy back in December 2012, travelled to Paris on Thursday to complete the deal, and has signed a contract until the end of the season after passing his medical.
"David turned down offers from all over the world, so we're happy to have him here," PSG president Nasser Al Khelaifi stated at a press conference.
"He will be a part of our big project, our big dream, to become one of Europe's biggest clubs."
Beckham himself, meanwhile, was overjoyed with his transfer to Paris Saint-Germain and is pleased to be part of their project.
"I'm very lucky, I'm 37 years old. I got a lot of offers, more than I've had in my career. I chose Paris Saint-Germain because I can see what the club are trying to do. I can see the players the clubs are bringing in," the midfielder said.
"Paris is an exciting city, and now there is a club which will have a lot of success over the next 10-15 years. I'm very honoured to be a part of this project. I'm very excited and honoured with that. I've been successful with every club I've played for throughout the years.
"I don't want to play for another English club because I have a lot of history with Manchester United. I've always said that I don't want to play for another English team.
"How much can I give? I have a lot of experience in the game, over 13 or 14 championship trophies, played with some of the biggest clubs in the world, and I'm still being successful at 37 years old. I haven't lost any pace because I never really had any pace."
Beckham went on to reveal that his salary at PSG would go straight to an unnamed local children's charity.
"I won't receive any salary. It will go towards a children's charity in Paris. I'm very proud to do so."
Beckham will wear the No.32 shirt in the French capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan