David Beckham draws inspiration from Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes
London: Former England footballer David Beckham has said that he is inspired by his former Manchester United team-mates Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes, following his criticised move to French club Paris St Germain (PSG), where questions were raised on his ability to help them win matches because of his age.
Speaking about Manchester United veterans Giggs and Scholes, Beckham said that even though they do not play every game, they are still at the highest level at the club and are forces to be reckoned with, which is a motivation for Beckham.
Beckham was positive about pushing PSG towards domestic and Champions League successes, and said that he is physically fit and will continue to play the game at the highest level as long as he can.
Adding that motivation has led him throughout his career, Beckham said that when he was 30, he never expected to get the offers he has been getting at his present age. Beckham also said that his positive approach for the game came from his four children.
The former England skipper trained with Arsenal to maintain his fitness before meeting up with his new team-mates in Paris next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price