David Beckham laughs off rumours of move to Australia
California: LA Galaxy midfielder David Beckham has dismissed suggestions that he is set to join an A-League team.
Football Federation Australia recently claimed that Beckham`s management approached them about a 10-game loan during the MLS off-season.
However, a spokesman for the former England captain has denied those reports on television, and Beckham himself has also claimed they are false.
"No. Definitely not true," he told reporters at the Home Depot Center after a Galaxy training session on Friday.
"Bruce (Arena) told me that this morning – the first I`d heard about it. Like I said that`s the first I`d heard of that, this morning."
Arena, who was present at the press conference, jokingly added: "We`ve booked his tickets already."
LA Galaxy take on the Seattle Sounders in the second leg of the Western Conference final on Sunday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know