David Beckham laughs off rumours of move to Australia
California: LA Galaxy midfielder David Beckham has dismissed suggestions that he is set to join an A-League team.
Football Federation Australia recently claimed that Beckham`s management approached them about a 10-game loan during the MLS off-season.
However, a spokesman for the former England captain has denied those reports on television, and Beckham himself has also claimed they are false.
"No. Definitely not true," he told reporters at the Home Depot Center after a Galaxy training session on Friday.
"Bruce (Arena) told me that this morning – the first I`d heard about it. Like I said that`s the first I`d heard of that, this morning."
Arena, who was present at the press conference, jokingly added: "We`ve booked his tickets already."
LA Galaxy take on the Seattle Sounders in the second leg of the Western Conference final on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof