David Beckham learning French after joining PSG
London: Football star David Beckham is learning French in order to avoid making language faux pas like fellow Englishman Joey Barton did after joining Ligue 1 club Marseille on loan.
After signing for Paris St Germain the England legend is taking a crash course, as he wants to avoid a repeat of the cringe-worthy press conference given by Marseille star Barton in which he spoke English but in a dodgy French accent.
The footage went viral on YouTube and made the former Manchester City, Newcastle and QPR bad-boy a laughing stock.
Barton, whose team plays in the same league as PSG, poked fun on Twitter saying: “Can’t wait for Becks to do a pressa in Franglish! Watch this space.’’
Beckham has begun lessons to talk to teammates, fans and when he cannot have classes he has a language course on his iPhone and iPad.
A source claimed Beckham isn’t daft enough to make Barton’s mistake, adding he has gone to great lengths to make sure he has a decent command of French.
The source added Beckham wants to talk to the players, fans and the media in French, adding he doesn’t want to sound like someone off ’Allo, ’Allo and he has booked a tutor in France and has courses on his portable devices.
After joining Real Madrid Becks was praised for giving press conferences in Spanish, the paper reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey