David Beckham may net £20m in next club deal post leaving LA Galaxy
London: Soccer star David Beckham’s decision to leave LA Galaxy has opened the door for clubs around the globe to launch bids for signing the 37-year-old in their team.
Sport pundits predict England’s most capped outfield player may net 20 million dollars from a final lucrative move.
However, earning around 200,000 pounds-a-week for a couple of years is not a priority for the Manchester United legend, as the veteran wants to be guaranteed first team football, even if it means heading to some of the games’ remoter outposts, such as China, Australia or Russia, according to reports.
Becks admitted he had a number of offers to consider but refused to commit himself.
“Retirement is something that I’m not thinking about yet. I still feel that I have something left in me. I still feel that I’d like to take on another challenge,” he said.
“What that will be, I honestly don’t know. I have a number of exciting opportunities on the table,” he added.
According to the report, Becks’ immediate goal is to finish on a high note with LA Galaxy by retaining the Major League Soccer cup against Houston Dynamo on December 1.
It has also been learnt that former Spice Girl Victoria, 38, is prepared to travel with their 16-month-old daughter Harper to see David at a new club.
A source said: “Victoria understands David is reaching the end of his playing career and wants one last challenge. She will support any decision he takes.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal