David Beckham may net £20m in next club deal post leaving LA Galaxy
London: Soccer star David Beckham’s decision to leave LA Galaxy has opened the door for clubs around the globe to launch bids for signing the 37-year-old in their team.
Sport pundits predict England’s most capped outfield player may net 20 million dollars from a final lucrative move.
However, earning around 200,000 pounds-a-week for a couple of years is not a priority for the Manchester United legend, as the veteran wants to be guaranteed first team football, even if it means heading to some of the games’ remoter outposts, such as China, Australia or Russia, according to reports.
Becks admitted he had a number of offers to consider but refused to commit himself.
“Retirement is something that I’m not thinking about yet. I still feel that I have something left in me. I still feel that I’d like to take on another challenge,” he said.
“What that will be, I honestly don’t know. I have a number of exciting opportunities on the table,” he added.
According to the report, Becks’ immediate goal is to finish on a high note with LA Galaxy by retaining the Major League Soccer cup against Houston Dynamo on December 1.
It has also been learnt that former Spice Girl Victoria, 38, is prepared to travel with their 16-month-old daughter Harper to see David at a new club.
A source said: “Victoria understands David is reaching the end of his playing career and wants one last challenge. She will support any decision he takes.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics