David Beckham named world`s richest footballer
London: David Beckham has been named the world`s richest footballer with a whopping 175 million-pound fortune.
The 37-year-old is now the "biggest brand in the world game" leaving superstars Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo behind, reports the Daily Star.
Beckham earned over 20 million pound from endorsements and wages last year.
According to The Goal Rich List 2013, Beckham is worth 60 million pound more than his 25-year-old rival Messi.
Real Madrid and Portugal`s Ronaldo, 28, who is placed at number three, has earned 112 million pound during his career. Manchester United and England striker Wayne Rooney, 27, makes the Top Ten with 50 million pound.
Amar Singh, managing editor of Goal Europe said the world`s top footballers are major international brands and Beckham is the biggest brand of them all.
Alex Miller, editor of the Goal Rich List said that while Beckham`s phenomenal earning power shows no sign of slowing down even as he moves closer to retirement from the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview