David Beckham not yet ready to play, says Ancelotti
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain coach Carlo Ancelotti has told David Beckham he will have to wait for first-team chances at his new club, confirming the former England captain would not be in the squad to face Sochaux.
The veteran midfielder arrived at the capital club from LA Galaxy in January, but will need to build up his fitness before making his long-awaited PSG debut.
"Beckham will not play [on Sunday], but will stay in Paris to train," the 53-year-old told reporters.
"We need another week to improve his physical condition, and then he will be ready. There are no egos here at this club. David arrived with a good relationship with everyone here, and there is absolutely no problem."
Les Parisiens earned a hard-fought Champions League win away to Valencia in midweek, but Ancelotti insists his charges have the necessary motivation and stamina to keep up their Ligue 1 title charge.
"I don`t think we will lack what is needed against Sochaux, despite just playing a team of Valencia`s quality," he continued.
"They are a team that plays good football, and I think you will see a good game on Sunday."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'