David Beckham not yet ready to play, says Ancelotti
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain coach Carlo Ancelotti has told David Beckham he will have to wait for first-team chances at his new club, confirming the former England captain would not be in the squad to face Sochaux.
The veteran midfielder arrived at the capital club from LA Galaxy in January, but will need to build up his fitness before making his long-awaited PSG debut.
"Beckham will not play [on Sunday], but will stay in Paris to train," the 53-year-old told reporters.
"We need another week to improve his physical condition, and then he will be ready. There are no egos here at this club. David arrived with a good relationship with everyone here, and there is absolutely no problem."
Les Parisiens earned a hard-fought Champions League win away to Valencia in midweek, but Ancelotti insists his charges have the necessary motivation and stamina to keep up their Ligue 1 title charge.
"I don`t think we will lack what is needed against Sochaux, despite just playing a team of Valencia`s quality," he continued.
"They are a team that plays good football, and I think you will see a good game on Sunday."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'