David Beckham PSG ‘giving pay to charity’ move probed by French taxmen
London: Football ace David Beckham’s gesture to donate his multi-million Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) salary to charity, has been viewed with suspicion by French tax authorities, who are investigating the move.
The former England star is also facing accusations that the move is a cynical attempt for tax avoidance, the Sun reports.
According to a French Treasury spokesman, every multi-millionaire in France would be scrutinized, but declined to discuss individual cases like Beckham.
The managing director of PSG, Jean-Claude Blanc, has admitted that a formal discussion was taking place with the fiscal administration of France, and confirmed the fact that a large chunk of Beckham’s estimated 700,000 pound-wage would go to needy children, with a small percent set aside as taxes.
Following his charity, Beckham will not be liable for a 1.5 per cent tax, or at least three million pounds on his worldwide income and wealth of about 200 million pounds after the introduction of a 75 per cent top-rate income tax for multi-millionaires by France, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success