David Beckham set to play last game for LA Galaxy
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Los Angeles: Former England captain David Beckham has said that he will play his last game with the Los Angeles Galaxy in the league championship early next month.
The 37 year old, led Los Angeles Galaxy to a Major League Soccer (MLS) title last season by defeating the Houston Dynamo 1-0. Los Angeles Galaxy will be attempting to win their second consecutive title when they face Dynamo on December 1 at the Home Depot Center.
Beckham said that he wants to move on and become a part owner of an MLS club in the near future.
"I`ve had an incredibly special time playing for the LA Galaxy. However, I wanted to experience one last challenge before the end of my playing career," Beckham said in a statement.
"I don`t see this as the end of my relationship with the league as my ambition is to be part of the ownership structure in the future."
Galaxy spokesman Justin Pearson said "This is his final competitive game with the Galaxy."
Beckham is expected to discuss his future plans in detail in a news conference scheduled for Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why