David Beckham set to play last game for LA Galaxy
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Los Angeles: Former England captain David Beckham has said that he will play his last game with the Los Angeles Galaxy in the league championship early next month.
The 37 year old, led Los Angeles Galaxy to a Major League Soccer (MLS) title last season by defeating the Houston Dynamo 1-0. Los Angeles Galaxy will be attempting to win their second consecutive title when they face Dynamo on December 1 at the Home Depot Center.
Beckham said that he wants to move on and become a part owner of an MLS club in the near future.
"I`ve had an incredibly special time playing for the LA Galaxy. However, I wanted to experience one last challenge before the end of my playing career," Beckham said in a statement.
"I don`t see this as the end of my relationship with the league as my ambition is to be part of the ownership structure in the future."
Galaxy spokesman Justin Pearson said "This is his final competitive game with the Galaxy."
Beckham is expected to discuss his future plans in detail in a news conference scheduled for Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31