David Beckham set to play last game for LA Galaxy
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Los Angeles: Former England captain David Beckham has said that he will play his last game with the Los Angeles Galaxy in the league championship early next month.
The 37 year old, led Los Angeles Galaxy to a Major League Soccer (MLS) title last season by defeating the Houston Dynamo 1-0. Los Angeles Galaxy will be attempting to win their second consecutive title when they face Dynamo on December 1 at the Home Depot Center.
Beckham said that he wants to move on and become a part owner of an MLS club in the near future.
"I`ve had an incredibly special time playing for the LA Galaxy. However, I wanted to experience one last challenge before the end of my playing career," Beckham said in a statement.
"I don`t see this as the end of my relationship with the league as my ambition is to be part of the ownership structure in the future."
Galaxy spokesman Justin Pearson said "This is his final competitive game with the Galaxy."
Beckham is expected to discuss his future plans in detail in a news conference scheduled for Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?