David Beckham suspended for 1 game for misbehaviour
Carson: David Beckham has been suspended for one game by Major League Soccer`s disciplinary committee for kicking a ball at an opponent late in the Los Angeles Galaxy`s loss at San Jose.
MLS announced the suspension Thursday for Beckham, the Galaxy`s superstar midfielder.
Beckham kicked a ball at San Jose`s Sam Cronin during stoppage time in Los Angeles` 4-3 loss to the Earthquakes on June 30. Cronin was down in the penalty box at the time, and Beckham`s kick set off a prolonged argument between the teams.
Beckham was issued a yellow card for the kick during the game. He missed the Galaxy`s home loss to Philadelphia on Wednesday night under suspension for an accumulation of yellow cards.
The struggling defending MLS champions` next game is Sunday at Chicago.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed