David Beckham suspended for 1 game for misbehaviour
Carson: David Beckham has been suspended for one game by Major League Soccer`s disciplinary committee for kicking a ball at an opponent late in the Los Angeles Galaxy`s loss at San Jose.
MLS announced the suspension Thursday for Beckham, the Galaxy`s superstar midfielder.
Beckham kicked a ball at San Jose`s Sam Cronin during stoppage time in Los Angeles` 4-3 loss to the Earthquakes on June 30. Cronin was down in the penalty box at the time, and Beckham`s kick set off a prolonged argument between the teams.
Beckham was issued a yellow card for the kick during the game. He missed the Galaxy`s home loss to Philadelphia on Wednesday night under suspension for an accumulation of yellow cards.
The struggling defending MLS champions` next game is Sunday at Chicago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband