David Beckham training with Arsenal first-team for time-being
London: Former Manchester United midfielder trained with Arsenal first-team squad on Tuesday, however, the long-term future of the ex-England star is yet undecided.
Beckham is reporting for duty at Arsenal’s state-of-the-art Hertfordshire training HQ, determined to prove he can still play at the highest level.
An Arsenal insider said Beckham wanted this all kept hush-hush and nobody knows the exact reason behind it.
Beckham has returned to England after his contract with MLS champs LA Galaxy expired.
Beckham has no ties after ending his five-year stint in California.
There was talk that the midfielder could be heading for big-spending French giants Paris Saint-Germain or Italians AC Milan where he has had two previous loan spells.
Premier League clubs QPR and West Ham also showed interest in signing him earlier this season. Arsenal chief Arsene Wenger loves Beckham for his outstanding professional attitude and the influence he would have on the younger squad members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details