David Beckham training with Arsenal first-team for time-being
London: Former Manchester United midfielder trained with Arsenal first-team squad on Tuesday, however, the long-term future of the ex-England star is yet undecided.
Beckham is reporting for duty at Arsenal’s state-of-the-art Hertfordshire training HQ, determined to prove he can still play at the highest level.
An Arsenal insider said Beckham wanted this all kept hush-hush and nobody knows the exact reason behind it.
Beckham has returned to England after his contract with MLS champs LA Galaxy expired.
Beckham has no ties after ending his five-year stint in California.
There was talk that the midfielder could be heading for big-spending French giants Paris Saint-Germain or Italians AC Milan where he has had two previous loan spells.
Premier League clubs QPR and West Ham also showed interest in signing him earlier this season. Arsenal chief Arsene Wenger loves Beckham for his outstanding professional attitude and the influence he would have on the younger squad members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'