David Luiz mum on Barcelona rumours
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil and Chelsea defender David Luiz has declined to comment on rumours of his possible transfer to Spanish football giants Barcelona after his arrival in Basel for a friendly between Switzerland and Brazil.
Barcelona, after recruiting young Brazilian forward Neymar in June, now wants the Chelsea defender and is willing to pay the British club as much as 35 million euros for him.
"Here, I will only talk about the Brazilian lineup," the defender told sports news website GloboEsporte. "It was the way during the Confederations Cup (hosted and won by Brazil in June) and it`s going to be the same way now."
About Brazil`s first friendly match since winning the Confederations Cup, the defender said it will be "very difficult" for the Brazilians who play for European clubs, since they are just entering the playing season following the summer break.
"It will be a very difficult game against players who have already begun to dispute the championship and their legs are more warmed up. And it will be even more difficult for us, who are just beginning (the season). But we came with joy and happiness," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan