David Moyes charged by FA over referee comments
LONDON: Manchester United manager David Moyes has been charged with misconduct for his post-match comments about the referee after Tuesday`s League Cup defeat at Sunderland, the Football Association said on Friday.
Moyes was unhappy with the match officials following the 2-1 defeat - United`s third consecutive loss - particularly Andre Marriner`s decision to award a free kick to Sunderland which resulted in their opening goal.
"We`ve got an opposition to play and sometimes we`ve got other people to play at the moment," Moyes was quoted as saying after the first leg defeat.
Charging Moyes, the FA alleged the comments "called into question the integrity of the match officials".
"Moyes has until 1800 GMT on January 15 to respond to the charge," the FA said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss