David Moyes charged by FA over referee comments
LONDON: Manchester United manager David Moyes has been charged with misconduct for his post-match comments about the referee after Tuesday`s League Cup defeat at Sunderland, the Football Association said on Friday.
Moyes was unhappy with the match officials following the 2-1 defeat - United`s third consecutive loss - particularly Andre Marriner`s decision to award a free kick to Sunderland which resulted in their opening goal.
"We`ve got an opposition to play and sometimes we`ve got other people to play at the moment," Moyes was quoted as saying after the first leg defeat.
Charging Moyes, the FA alleged the comments "called into question the integrity of the match officials".
"Moyes has until 1800 GMT on January 15 to respond to the charge," the FA said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016