David Moyes charged by FA over referee comments
LONDON: Manchester United manager David Moyes has been charged with misconduct for his post-match comments about the referee after Tuesday`s League Cup defeat at Sunderland, the Football Association said on Friday.
Moyes was unhappy with the match officials following the 2-1 defeat - United`s third consecutive loss - particularly Andre Marriner`s decision to award a free kick to Sunderland which resulted in their opening goal.
"We`ve got an opposition to play and sometimes we`ve got other people to play at the moment," Moyes was quoted as saying after the first leg defeat.
Charging Moyes, the FA alleged the comments "called into question the integrity of the match officials".
"Moyes has until 1800 GMT on January 15 to respond to the charge," the FA said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16