David Moyes favourite to replace Alex Ferguson
London: A flurry of bets on David Moyes suceeding Sir Alex Ferguson as Manchester United boss means his price is now as short as 8/11 (1.73) while BetVictor are holding firm with an industry-best price of 11/10 (2.10) about the 50-year-old making the move to Old Trafford from Goodison Park this summer.
Although the recent bets for Moyes may mean the Scot dominates the market, this can often lead to some bigger prices on other candidates getting the job.
Moyes has done a good job with Everton, consistently leading them to strong finishing positions in the Premier League but his lack of experience at the very top level could be enough to put off punters not wishing to get involved at such short prices.
Jose Mourinho appears to be lining up a summer move to the Premier League and although he is second favourite in the market, his comments about Chelsea in recent weeks - as well as Rafael Benitez confirming he`ll leave his interim post at the end of the season - means there looks little value in backing the Portuguese to take over at Old Trafford.
There are a number of big names who are also in the running according to the bookmakers, albeit as outsiders to the two frontrunners.
Jurgen Klopp has had success domestically with Borussia Dortmund during his spell at the German club and with a Champions League final against Bayern Munich on the horizon this month, he has demonstrated his ability to manage at the highest level.
He could well be worth considering as a 25/1 (26.0) shot with BetVictor, especially considering his quotes of 6/1 (7.0) elsewhere.
There are also a number of former Manchester United players available at long odds to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is a 33/1 (34.0) chance while Laurent Blanc, who has experience at domestic and international level, is available at 40/1 (41.0).
Despite his lack of managerial experience, Gary Neville is made a 50/1 (51.0) chance, although it seems more likely any move Neville made into management would probably be as an assistant, considering the size of the task at hand in succeeding the most successful manager in English football.
Managerial markets are notoriously volatile and for that reason they shouldn`t be invested in heavily but with such heavy support for Moyes there certainly appears to be some small stakes value in backing a candidate such as Klopp who could prove an outsider worthy of a shorter quote than 25/1 (26.0).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE 10th Result 2015: CBSE (cbse.ac.in & cbseresults.ac.in) Class 10 (X Board) Result shortly