David Moyes in clear over wine bar scuffle
London: Former Manchester United manager David Moyes will face no action following an investigation into reports he was involved in a bar-room altercation, British police announced on Wednesday.
"After careful consideration of all the circumstances in this case it has been decided that no further action will be taken against anyone," said a spokesman from Lancashire Police.
Moyes, who was sacked by United in April, was investigated after 23-year-old builder Josh Gillibrand claimed to have been attacked at a wine bar in the town of Clitheroe in northwest England on May 21.
The 51-year-old Scot was subsequently interviewed by police, who said at the time that there were "a number of differing accounts" about what had happened.
"A thorough investigation has been carried out and everyone identified as having been involved in this incident or having witnessed it have provided accounts to the police," the police spokesman added.
"All these accounts were given voluntarily, it has not been necessary to arrest any person. These accounts have been considered and it has been decided that this is the most appropriate course of action."
Moyes succeeded legendary former United manager Alex Ferguson a year ago, but was dismissed after only 10 months in the role following a disastrous maiden campaign at Old Trafford.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling