David Moyes tells Wilfried Zaha not to lose hope
London: Manchester United manager David Moyes says that Wilfried Zaha will be given opportunities to prove his worth despite overlooking the England international winger in the season to date.
Zaha linked up with United during the close season after signing from Crystal Palace in a deal worth up to £15 million ($22.7 million, 17.6 million euros), but he has still to make his Premier League debut.
The 20-year-old could be handed a start against Norwich City in the League Cup later on Tuesday, but Moyes has admitted that he may be loaned out during the January transfer window.
"I just don`t think we have had the right opportunity to get him on as much as would have liked," Moyes told the United website.
"We don`t want to put him in too quickly. We want to make it the right time. I`ve said I would look at (a loan) in January as I wanted to have him here for six months to see how we work.
"I told him we would try to get him minutes, but the competition in the wide areas we have with Nani, Antonio Valencia, Ashley Young, Adnan Januzaj and even Shinji Kagawa playing off the side means we are as strong there as anywhere.
"It`s not that Wilf has done anything wrong, it`s just that we have big competition and we have to try to make sure he gets some playing time.
"Unfortunately, we haven`t done that with Wilf and, if it`s still the case in January, we would look at it. But he is very much in my plans and in my thoughts all the time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Actor evades media, refuses to say ‘sorry’ – Watch
- Amazing! Ahmedabad hotel made out of discarded containers set to woo customers
- This is what befriending grownups on social media can do to you