David Silva extends contract with English champions Man City
Manchester: David Silva has signed a new five-year contract with Manchester City, the English Premier League champions announced Tuesday.
Spain playmaker Silva, who has won two Premier League titles with City, is now set to stay with the north-west side until the end of the 2018/19 season.
Silva, 28, has been a central figure at Eastlands since joining the club from Spanish side Valencia in 2010.
"From the moment I joined the club four years ago it has felt like a second home to me," Silva, who has also won the FA Cup and League Cup with City, told the club`s website on Tuesday.
"On and off the pitch, I feel incredibly content and fulfilled professionally and personally, so why wouldn`t I want to stay and keep winning trophies with this fantastic team?
"Over the last four years, we have achieved so much together, establishing City as a dominating force in England and now, when I look around this dressing room, I can see no reason why we won`t become one of the top teams in the world.
"It was a straightforward decision to extend my stay here and spend my peak years at Manchester City, a club with unbelievable fans who have always supported me."
The news will come as a boost to City following their 3-0 defeat by FA Cup-holders Arsenal in the Community Shield at Wembley last Sunday, where Silva came on as a second-half substitute.
City begin the defence of their Premier League title away to Newcastle this coming Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick