David Villa left out of Barcelona squad for Hamburg friendly
Barcelona: Barcelona striker David Villa has been left out of Tito Vilanova`s 22-man squad for the club`s pre-season friendly against Hamburg on Tuesday.
The 30-year-old forward is edging closer to full fitness after a fractured tibia sustained at the Club World Cup in December saw him miss the second half of last season.
Carles Puyol, who resumed full training on Monday, has also been left out of the match squad, which contains 10 players from Barca`s first team and 12 from the club`s youth ranks.
This will be Vilanova`s first time on the Barca bench since he took over from Pep Guardiola in June.
Before the Blaugrana officially kick off the season against Real Sociedad on August 18, they will also take on Morocco, Espanyol, Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United and Dinamo Bucharest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi