David Villa left out of Barcelona squad for Hamburg friendly
Barcelona: Barcelona striker David Villa has been left out of Tito Vilanova`s 22-man squad for the club`s pre-season friendly against Hamburg on Tuesday.
The 30-year-old forward is edging closer to full fitness after a fractured tibia sustained at the Club World Cup in December saw him miss the second half of last season.
Carles Puyol, who resumed full training on Monday, has also been left out of the match squad, which contains 10 players from Barca`s first team and 12 from the club`s youth ranks.
This will be Vilanova`s first time on the Barca bench since he took over from Pep Guardiola in June.
Before the Blaugrana officially kick off the season against Real Sociedad on August 18, they will also take on Morocco, Espanyol, Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United and Dinamo Bucharest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why