De Gea rules out swapping Rooney with any Man City star strikers
London: Manchester United keeper David De Gea has ruled out any opportunity to swap team mate Wayne Rooney with any of Machster City’s big name strikers for the Premier League title match.
De Gea is expected to face his old team mates Sergio Aguero and Carlos Tevez at Monday night`s gripping Manchester derby.
“Yes, the City attack has its stars but I wouldn’t swap Wayne for any of them. He is more than a Manchester United footballer, he is the key man in our squad,” a daily quoted De Gea, as saying.
“City possesses dangerous forwards and any of them are capable of scoring against us. I know Aguero well and in this type of game he is always at his best,” he added.
The Spaniard outlines the derby is ‘final’ for United and this day is ‘the most important day of his career’.
“This derby is a final for us. If we beat City, United will be Premier League champions again. It’s as simple as that, we are 90 minutes from winning the title. I won the Europa League final with Atletico Madrid but this is now the most important day in my career”, he said.
De Gea added they his team is not concerned for a revenge on the 6-1 defeat they faced against City at Old Trafford, but only about winning the title.
“United are going there for the victory, not a 0-0. City is three points behind us so are obliged to win. We want a win on a big night to demonstrate we are the best,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra