De Gea says Ferguson has ordered them to win every remaining game
London: Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea has revealed that club manager Sir Alex Ferguson has asked players to win the remaining ten games, to win the Premier League comfortably before the last game of the season.
“Mr. Ferguson has insisted just one point could be decisive and we want to keep our destiny in our own hands. Success is down to us and we cannot fail,” The Sun quoted Ferguson, as saying.
“We have spoken in the dressing room and the numbers are clear. We want to win all our matches and try to make sure we clinch the title before the last day,” he said.
United will go four points ahead of City if they beat struggling Wolves on Sunday, while their closest rivals City will have to wait until Wednesday to play Chelsea.
There is every possibility that the Manchester derby will be the title decider when United will bid to take vengeance of the 6-1 hammering at Old Trafford on October 23.
De Gea said the players aren’t thinking of the Manchester derby yet, and their sole focus lies on beating Wolves.
“We are not thinking about the derby, only Wolves, because we are playing for the title in every game,” De Gea said.
“Each match is like a final, especially against teams fighting to avoid relegation, so Wolves will be difficult. It is now our duty to maintain our lead in the Premier League until the end,” he added.
De Gea said winning the Premier League title would help United forget their disappointing performances in other competitions.
“Winning the title will help us forget the bitter taste of defeat in the other competitions so, from this weekend onwards, I want the fans to see the very best version of United,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city