De Rossi banned for three matches
Rome: Daniele De Rossi has been banned for three Serie A games after being found punching Mauro Icardi in the face during Saturday`s Roma home 0-0 draw with Inter Milan.
The Serie A`s disciplinary committee in a statement said Monday that the Roma player`s misconduct was detected by television instead of the referees, reports Xinhua.
"The television replays show that the Roma player aggressively pushed the opposition player`s head," the statement read.
"Then, in quick succession, he punched Icardi with the same hand from behind," it said.
Inter`s Juan Jesus has also been banned for three matches for punching the back of Roma player Alessio Romagnoli during the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- 'Online purchase of sexual wellness products more preferred in Tier III cities'
- 2nd Test, Centurion: South Africa vs New Zealand - Preview
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly