De Rossi banned for three matches
Rome: Daniele De Rossi has been banned for three Serie A games after being found punching Mauro Icardi in the face during Saturday`s Roma home 0-0 draw with Inter Milan.
The Serie A`s disciplinary committee in a statement said Monday that the Roma player`s misconduct was detected by television instead of the referees, reports Xinhua.
"The television replays show that the Roma player aggressively pushed the opposition player`s head," the statement read.
"Then, in quick succession, he punched Icardi with the same hand from behind," it said.
Inter`s Juan Jesus has also been banned for three matches for punching the back of Roma player Alessio Romagnoli during the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire