De Rossi banned for three matches
Rome: Daniele De Rossi has been banned for three Serie A games after being found punching Mauro Icardi in the face during Saturday`s Roma home 0-0 draw with Inter Milan.
The Serie A`s disciplinary committee in a statement said Monday that the Roma player`s misconduct was detected by television instead of the referees, reports Xinhua.
"The television replays show that the Roma player aggressively pushed the opposition player`s head," the statement read.
"Then, in quick succession, he punched Icardi with the same hand from behind," it said.
Inter`s Juan Jesus has also been banned for three matches for punching the back of Roma player Alessio Romagnoli during the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- SHOCKING! Star wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio participation doubtful
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India