Dede vows legal action to overturn ban
Rio de Janiero: Brazil international defender Dede has vowed to take legal action to secure revocation of a ban over his USD 7 million move to Cruzeiro.
The 24-year-old`s transfer from Vasco da Gama was blocked by Brazil`s national treasury last week due to the Rio de Janeiro football club`s USD 25 million tax debt.
"The contract has been signed and the operation completed," Dede`s agent Giuliano Aranda said on Monday.
"We respect the reasons for the decision, but Dede has the right to exercise his profession. For that reason if the situation is not resolved by Wednesday we are going to take the case to the labour court."
The financial director of the club Nelson Rocha earlier this year revealed the club`s net debt had reached USD 125 million.
In addition, Vasco`s failure to pay wages on time has led to an exodus of some of their best players, including former Lyon and Brazil midfielder Juninho.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH