Defender Galloway joins Everton
London: Everton have signed England youth international defender Brendan Galloway on a five-year deal from League One side MK Dons.
The 18-year-old, who was born in Zimbabwe, will join up with the under-21 side at Goodison Park.
"It means an awful lot to me coming to such a great club. I`m now looking forward to learning off some of the more senior players - the likes of Sylvain Distin and Phil Jagielka," Galloway told the official Everton website.
"I`ve been watching them for years now and they`re great professionals, great players - players who have been there and done it. That`s a big thing for me to be able to learn off guys like that."
Galloway became the youngest player in MK Dons` history to feature for the club when, at the age of 15, he made his debut as a second-half substitute in a 6-0 FA Cup victory over Nantwich Town in November 2011.
MK Dons manager Karl Robinson was disappointed to lose Galloway, but wished him well for the future as he told his club`s official website: "I do believe Brendan can be as good as he wants to be and I wish him all the luck in the world.
"He`s going to a fantastic football club in Everton that will only aid his development."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie