Defoe insists `restructured` Tottenham have good shot at Champions League spot
London: England striker Jermain Defoe has said that he is excited by Tottenham`s summer moves and despite the increasingly likely prospect of Real Madrid buying Gareth Bale , he is inspired by the promise of the coming months.
There is not a hint of self-doubt at the White Hart Lane club and the striker is relishing the chance to work with the new wave of talent, while he firmly believes it will take them to new heights.
Spain international striker Roberto Soldado is expected to complete his record-breaking 26 million pound move from Valencia within days and Belgium international winger Nacer Chadli, who was among the best players in Dutch football last season, has already impressed in training after his 7 million pound move from FC Twente, a report said.
Brazil`s Confederations Cup hero Paulinho, snapped up for 17 million pounds from Corinthians, also trained with his new team-mates for the first time on Wednesday morning, the report added.
Defoe said that these were top players who were going to take Tottenham to the next level in the upcoming season and although the club missed out on Champions League football last season, it was quickly being restructured to go for it again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III