Del Bosque named as best national team coach
Madrid: Spain national team football coach, Vicente del Bosque has been named as the best national team coach of 2012 by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics.
The decision was made Thursday following a vote carried out among journalists and experts from all over the world, reports Xinhua.
Del Bosque led the Spanish side to the European 2012 Championship this summer, retaining the title Spain won in 2008 and making the country the first ever to win back-to-back European titles.
Meanwhile Spain`s qualification for the 2014 World Cup has also got off to a good start with two wins and a draw in their opening three matches.
The former Real Madrid boss earned 231 votes winning by a wide margin ahead of Italian national team coach Cesare Prandelli, who polled 83 votes. Mexican coach Fernando Tena came third with 70 votes, ahead of Germany`s Joachim Loew with 48.
It is the third time Del Bosque has lifted the award after also winning the vote in 2009 and 2010 after Spain`s World Cup success.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- AAP has become shelter of comedians not having ideology, says BJP
- Bhagwant Mann must be refrained from entering into Parliament: JD(U)
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan, thousands start hunting and capturing monsters
- Oppressed Dalits will teach a lesson to BJP: Arvind Kejriwal in Gujarat
- Una incident: Dalit victim back in hospital ahead of Rahul Gandhi’s visit under 'political pressure'