Del Bosque tips Andrea Pirlo for Ballon d`Or
Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has lauded Italy and Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo, and added that the playmaker could pip some of his side`s stars to the Ballon d`Or this January.
The Azzurri fell to a 4-0 loss to Spain in the European Cup final this summer, but the 33-year-old remains widely-regarded as one of the best in his position after some stellar performances at the tournament.
Del Bosque has now voiced his admiration of the former AC Milan man, but added he hopes a compatriot picks up the award on which he places `little` value.
"Pirlo, could win (the Ballon d`Or). He is among the candidates," the 61-year old told reporters.
"He is a complete player, able to build the game and finish it."
"Even though I think very little about this award, I hope it goes to a Spaniard. (Andres) Iniesta? He`s not the only one.”
"The competition is strong, with Cristiano] Ronaldo, (Lionel) Messi and (Radamel) Falcao..."
Pirlo will be able to further stake his claim for the award when Juventus take on fellow table-toppers Napoli on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers