Del Bosque tips Andrea Pirlo for Ballon d`Or
Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has lauded Italy and Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo, and added that the playmaker could pip some of his side`s stars to the Ballon d`Or this January.
The Azzurri fell to a 4-0 loss to Spain in the European Cup final this summer, but the 33-year-old remains widely-regarded as one of the best in his position after some stellar performances at the tournament.
Del Bosque has now voiced his admiration of the former AC Milan man, but added he hopes a compatriot picks up the award on which he places `little` value.
"Pirlo, could win (the Ballon d`Or). He is among the candidates," the 61-year old told reporters.
"He is a complete player, able to build the game and finish it."
"Even though I think very little about this award, I hope it goes to a Spaniard. (Andres) Iniesta? He`s not the only one.”
"The competition is strong, with Cristiano] Ronaldo, (Lionel) Messi and (Radamel) Falcao..."
Pirlo will be able to further stake his claim for the award when Juventus take on fellow table-toppers Napoli on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read