Del Bosque tips Andrea Pirlo for Ballon d`Or
Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has lauded Italy and Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo, and added that the playmaker could pip some of his side`s stars to the Ballon d`Or this January.
The Azzurri fell to a 4-0 loss to Spain in the European Cup final this summer, but the 33-year-old remains widely-regarded as one of the best in his position after some stellar performances at the tournament.
Del Bosque has now voiced his admiration of the former AC Milan man, but added he hopes a compatriot picks up the award on which he places `little` value.
"Pirlo, could win (the Ballon d`Or). He is among the candidates," the 61-year old told reporters.
"He is a complete player, able to build the game and finish it."
"Even though I think very little about this award, I hope it goes to a Spaniard. (Andres) Iniesta? He`s not the only one.”
"The competition is strong, with Cristiano] Ronaldo, (Lionel) Messi and (Radamel) Falcao..."
Pirlo will be able to further stake his claim for the award when Juventus take on fellow table-toppers Napoli on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic