Del Bosque to choose between Muniain, Pedro and Adrian Lopez to replace Villa: Report
Madrid: Iker Muniain, Pedro and Adrian Lopez are reportedly competing for the one berth in Spain`s squad for Euro 2012.
Coach Vicente Del Bosque had hoped that the country`s record goalscorer, David Villa, would be available for selection but Barcelona confirmed on Tuesday that the forward would not be fit to travel to Poland and Ukraine.
The former Real Madrid boss has already decided that Fernando Llorente, Fernando Torres, Juan Mata and Alvaro Negredo will all be on the plane and that he is now considering whether to also take Muniain, Pedro or Adrian, according to Marca.
Pedro is considerably more experienced than his two young rivals, having been a part of the squad which won the World Cup in 2010, but he has struggled for both form and fitness this year and featured only sporadically for Barca.
Teenage sensation Muniain, though, played a starring role in Athletic Bilbao`s Europa League and Copa del Rey runs, and also made his international debut in the February friendly against Venezuela.
As for Adrian, he has yet to be capped by his country, but he is coming off the back of a fine season with Europa League winners Atletico Madrid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next