Del Bosque to choose between Muniain, Pedro and Adrian Lopez to replace Villa: Report
Madrid: Iker Muniain, Pedro and Adrian Lopez are reportedly competing for the one berth in Spain`s squad for Euro 2012.
Coach Vicente Del Bosque had hoped that the country`s record goalscorer, David Villa, would be available for selection but Barcelona confirmed on Tuesday that the forward would not be fit to travel to Poland and Ukraine.
The former Real Madrid boss has already decided that Fernando Llorente, Fernando Torres, Juan Mata and Alvaro Negredo will all be on the plane and that he is now considering whether to also take Muniain, Pedro or Adrian, according to Marca.
Pedro is considerably more experienced than his two young rivals, having been a part of the squad which won the World Cup in 2010, but he has struggled for both form and fitness this year and featured only sporadically for Barca.
Teenage sensation Muniain, though, played a starring role in Athletic Bilbao`s Europa League and Copa del Rey runs, and also made his international debut in the February friendly against Venezuela.
As for Adrian, he has yet to be capped by his country, but he is coming off the back of a fine season with Europa League winners Atletico Madrid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read