Del Bosque to choose between Muniain, Pedro and Adrian Lopez to replace Villa: Report
Madrid: Iker Muniain, Pedro and Adrian Lopez are reportedly competing for the one berth in Spain`s squad for Euro 2012.
Coach Vicente Del Bosque had hoped that the country`s record goalscorer, David Villa, would be available for selection but Barcelona confirmed on Tuesday that the forward would not be fit to travel to Poland and Ukraine.
The former Real Madrid boss has already decided that Fernando Llorente, Fernando Torres, Juan Mata and Alvaro Negredo will all be on the plane and that he is now considering whether to also take Muniain, Pedro or Adrian, according to Marca.
Pedro is considerably more experienced than his two young rivals, having been a part of the squad which won the World Cup in 2010, but he has struggled for both form and fitness this year and featured only sporadically for Barca.
Teenage sensation Muniain, though, played a starring role in Athletic Bilbao`s Europa League and Copa del Rey runs, and also made his international debut in the February friendly against Venezuela.
As for Adrian, he has yet to be capped by his country, but he is coming off the back of a fine season with Europa League winners Atletico Madrid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley