Delhi team for Santosh Trophy named
New Delhi: Mid-fielder Monu Chaudhary will lead Delhi state football team in the pre-quarterfinal league matches of 67th Senior National Football Championship for the Santosh Trophy scheduled to be held in Kochi from February 15.
Defender Anil Bara has been named as vice-captain of the 21-member team announced by the DSA selection committee headed by N K Bhatia.
Delhi play their first game against Railways on February 15 and then take on West Bengal on February 17 in Group A pre-quarterfinal matches. Two top teams from the group will qualify for the quarterfinals.
The team left for Ernakulam this morning.
Goalkeepers: Vikrant Sharma, Skylin, Pranav Roy
Defenders: Vikash Rawat, Anil Bara, Deepak Singh, Yogesh Prasad, Pushpender Kundu, Anup Bisht, Sarwar Ali
Midfielders: Jyoti, Monu Chaudhary (captain), Jatinder Singh, Dheeraj, Ashu Nathani, Shashank Mamgin
Forwards: Mahender Kumar, Deepak Mehra, Ankit Sharma, Vijay Kumar, Abhishek Nayyar
Stand-byes: Shantanu Jain, Hemant Thapa, Kamsonm, Kulbhushan, Anmol Ratan Bhasin, Faiz Alam
Manager: Kamaluddin Qureshi
Chief Coach: Surinder Kumar
Coach: Mohd. Aslam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini