Delhi team for Santosh Trophy named
New Delhi: Mid-fielder Monu Chaudhary will lead Delhi state football team in the pre-quarterfinal league matches of 67th Senior National Football Championship for the Santosh Trophy scheduled to be held in Kochi from February 15.
Defender Anil Bara has been named as vice-captain of the 21-member team announced by the DSA selection committee headed by N K Bhatia.
Delhi play their first game against Railways on February 15 and then take on West Bengal on February 17 in Group A pre-quarterfinal matches. Two top teams from the group will qualify for the quarterfinals.
The team left for Ernakulam this morning.
Goalkeepers: Vikrant Sharma, Skylin, Pranav Roy
Defenders: Vikash Rawat, Anil Bara, Deepak Singh, Yogesh Prasad, Pushpender Kundu, Anup Bisht, Sarwar Ali
Midfielders: Jyoti, Monu Chaudhary (captain), Jatinder Singh, Dheeraj, Ashu Nathani, Shashank Mamgin
Forwards: Mahender Kumar, Deepak Mehra, Ankit Sharma, Vijay Kumar, Abhishek Nayyar
Stand-byes: Shantanu Jain, Hemant Thapa, Kamsonm, Kulbhushan, Anmol Ratan Bhasin, Faiz Alam
Manager: Kamaluddin Qureshi
Chief Coach: Surinder Kumar
Coach: Mohd. Aslam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!
- Protests over 'sacrilegious act' in Jammu, case registered