Delhi team for Santosh Trophy named
New Delhi: Mid-fielder Monu Chaudhary will lead Delhi state football team in the pre-quarterfinal league matches of 67th Senior National Football Championship for the Santosh Trophy scheduled to be held in Kochi from February 15.
Defender Anil Bara has been named as vice-captain of the 21-member team announced by the DSA selection committee headed by N K Bhatia.
Delhi play their first game against Railways on February 15 and then take on West Bengal on February 17 in Group A pre-quarterfinal matches. Two top teams from the group will qualify for the quarterfinals.
The team left for Ernakulam this morning.
Goalkeepers: Vikrant Sharma, Skylin, Pranav Roy
Defenders: Vikash Rawat, Anil Bara, Deepak Singh, Yogesh Prasad, Pushpender Kundu, Anup Bisht, Sarwar Ali
Midfielders: Jyoti, Monu Chaudhary (captain), Jatinder Singh, Dheeraj, Ashu Nathani, Shashank Mamgin
Forwards: Mahender Kumar, Deepak Mehra, Ankit Sharma, Vijay Kumar, Abhishek Nayyar
Stand-byes: Shantanu Jain, Hemant Thapa, Kamsonm, Kulbhushan, Anmol Ratan Bhasin, Faiz Alam
Manager: Kamaluddin Qureshi
Chief Coach: Surinder Kumar
Coach: Mohd. Aslam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert