Demichelis warns Liverpool PL title race not yet over for Man City
London: Manchester City central defender Martin Demichelis has reportedly warned Liverpool that the Premier title race is not yet over following their 3-2 loss to Brendan Rodgers` squad.
Liverpool reportedly inched a step closer to becoming the title winners for the first time in 24 years with their thrilling 3-2 win over Manchester City on Sunday.
According to the Daily Star, the Argentine star said that the City squad is obviously not happy about the result, but they know that they have matches ahead and one has seen in football that City can still win or Liverpool can still make mistakes.
Demichelis said that he is hoping that City will win the rest of their league matches and is expecting some mistakes from Liverpool, adding that no-one left the stadium feeling they were champions, as they still have plenty of matches left.
The defender also added that they did not start well in the match against Liverpool and their rivals were better than City until they scored the first goal.
Liverpool are currently leading the Premier League table with 77 points, two points adrift of second placed Chelsea and seven points clear of third placed City, the report added
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’