Dempo beats Vasco 7-0; moves closer to Goa League title
Vasco: Ranty Martins scored four times as Dempo demolished Vasco Sports Club 7-0 in their final Kingfisher Goa Super League encounter here today to inch closer to winning their third title in a row.
It took just 12 minutes for Dempo to take the lead as Koko Sakibo shot through a goalmouth scramble.
Six minutes later Koko doubled Dempo`s lead following up with the rebounder once Martins shot was palmed away. Ranty finally got his name on the scoresheet as he was in the right place to head in a cross from Romeo Fernandes in the 25th.
Ten minutes later, Koko dribbled forward and squared the ball for Climax Lawrence to tap in.
Four minutes before the break Romeo went on a mazy run, before laying the ball off for Ranti to score, as Dempo lead 5-0 after the first half.
Twenty minutes from the end, Ranti beat the offside trap to slot home a through ball from Peter Carvalho. In the 86th minute, Ranti scored his fourth of the match after receiving a cross from Clifton Gonsalves to put Dempo in seventh heaven.
Dempo will have to keep the champagne on ice for at least 24 hours, as they await the result of the match between Salgaocar Sports Club and Sporting Clube de Goa.
Although Salgaocar can go level on points with a victory, Dempo have a far superior goal difference over them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore