Dempo bids farewell to Armando Colaco
Panaji: Dempo Sports Club hosted a farewell for their outgoing chief coach Armando Colaco whose contract with the club expires on May 31.
Armando took over the reins at the club in 2000 when the team was playing Tier II of the erstwhile National Football League, where he first guided the team back to the elite tie with five titles.
However, with several changes into the squad and his contract set to expire, Colaco had to make way for the change of guard at the club.
Speaking on the occasion last evening, Colaco said that he will carry great pride and passion towards the club.
"It`s been wonderful and unforgettable 13 years at the club and I will cherish those memories until my last breath. I was always a Dempo man and will continue to remain so."
Colaco expressed his gratitude for the chairman Shrinivas Dempo, the club and its fans for supporting and believing in him in difficult times.
Dempo acknowledged the achievements by Armando Colaco and wished him the very best.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold
- Handful of vested interests inciting trouble in Kashmir: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti
- Performance issues led to my ouster as Flipkart CEO, says Sachin Bansal
- 'Delhi earthquake today' trending on social media
- Audi to have petrol variants across portfolio by next year