Dempo bids farewell to Armando Colaco
Panaji: Dempo Sports Club hosted a farewell for their outgoing chief coach Armando Colaco whose contract with the club expires on May 31.
Armando took over the reins at the club in 2000 when the team was playing Tier II of the erstwhile National Football League, where he first guided the team back to the elite tie with five titles.
However, with several changes into the squad and his contract set to expire, Colaco had to make way for the change of guard at the club.
Speaking on the occasion last evening, Colaco said that he will carry great pride and passion towards the club.
"It`s been wonderful and unforgettable 13 years at the club and I will cherish those memories until my last breath. I was always a Dempo man and will continue to remain so."
Colaco expressed his gratitude for the chairman Shrinivas Dempo, the club and its fans for supporting and believing in him in difficult times.
Dempo acknowledged the achievements by Armando Colaco and wished him the very best.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception