Dempo bids farewell to Armando Colaco
Panaji: Dempo Sports Club hosted a farewell for their outgoing chief coach Armando Colaco whose contract with the club expires on May 31.
Armando took over the reins at the club in 2000 when the team was playing Tier II of the erstwhile National Football League, where he first guided the team back to the elite tie with five titles.
However, with several changes into the squad and his contract set to expire, Colaco had to make way for the change of guard at the club.
Speaking on the occasion last evening, Colaco said that he will carry great pride and passion towards the club.
"It`s been wonderful and unforgettable 13 years at the club and I will cherish those memories until my last breath. I was always a Dempo man and will continue to remain so."
Colaco expressed his gratitude for the chairman Shrinivas Dempo, the club and its fans for supporting and believing in him in difficult times.
Dempo acknowledged the achievements by Armando Colaco and wished him the very best.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city